Monday, September 2, 2013

NOTHIN' BETTER THAN THIS!

FAMILY!

This will be a short one….. we’re at a members home so we have to keep it short. 

This past Tuesday we had an incredible, incredible training by President Slaughter. Dang, he says a lot of things that remind me of the kind of things Tuck's mission president would say. (i.e. It’s better to shoot for the stars and miss than to shoot for the mud and make it.) It was amazing how focused he is on working with members and what has been shared by the first presidency for missionary work. I LOVE IT! It is just in line with all that has been running through my mind. I feel like there are still alot out there I am missing, but we can't know everything all at once. The training was focused on faith. Having faith based questions, having faith in the members, faith in your investigators and believing in them when they don't believe in themselves, when they have fear. Your faith with rub off onto them and they will begin to have that confidence. Our bishop recently told Brother Baldea..."I expect great things from you." Wow if we said that to everyone, how much more would they believe in themselves. It is so true. Do we think of those we are teaching as just another member of the congregation or do we imagine them leading in the church and BUILDING THE KINGDOM OF GOD! President Slaughter also focused a lot on finding strong families that are strong together and are going to uplift everyone. It is easy and so simple to find those who are struggling and desperate for help, but how much greater will God's kingdom be if we can also find strong families. 

TRANSFERS
This Thursday Sister Elliott will be leaving this area. Not sure where she is headed yet, but I will get a new companion here in Garden Ridge. I am so stoked to be able to stay here though! Love this area and love the people and there is so much to be done here! 

TEMPLE
Aaaaaa-laaaay-loooo-yaaaa! We get to go! Yes this Wed! What a treat! I could not be more excited. I can't wait. 

It was a wonderful week and lots of teaching and visiting families. We have a busy week ahead of us! …..which will be so awesome. Just love this, can't soak enough of this work up, I feel like the weeks run away from me too fast. It really hits me every time I look back and see how long I have been here. (3 months and counting). Time is a tickin! 

I love you all so very much and appreciate all that you have supported me in. Everyday memories come back to me of lessons I learned from each one of you. Just wish I could shoot ya a text about them when it happens. lol Just know I love you and am thankful every day for all you have done! 

Always, 

Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment