Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas to the Davis Family!

We received this sweet email and pictures on Christmas Eve from a sister in the ward where Mckenzi is currently serving ....
Dear Davis Family,
I am a member of the Garden Ridge ward here in San Antonio.  On Monday I was privileged to have lunch with sweet Sister Davis and her companion Sister Whittier and take some photos of them for a Christmas card for y'all. 

We are so blessed to have these beautiful sisters in our Ward!  Being a return missionary myself I know how hard it can be to be away from loved ones, especially during the holidays.  And missionary work itself is very difficult.  A lot of sweat and tears go into this labor of love.   But you wouldn't know it from the looks on these sister's faces and their cheerful, positive attitudes!

On Monday, after we took pictures and had lunch I took the sisters to Walmart to get some shopping done before they headed home.  While there we ran into four different people from our ward.  Two are active sisters, one is a non-member sister whose husband is a member and one we didn't know but she stopped us to introduce herself when she saw their name tags, she is new to the area.  I was sort of amazed to run into so many people.  I hardly ever see people I know when I shop there.  Missionary work is a special work and Missionaries are special people!
Thank you for raising such a wonderful daughter!  I am so grateful for her service.
Merry Christmas to the Davis family!
Love,

Liz Roberts




No comments:

Post a Comment