Monday, February 24, 2014

YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS!!!

Family! Mother, Father, Jordan, Cristy, Adri, Tyler, and Tucker!!!!! 

I love you all so very much. I am grinning so big right now, just so you know. It has been one hectic, wonderful and powerful week here and all over for each one of you. I am in awe of all that is happening. IT is the time! 

Sister Harmon is (as far as I am aware) home sweet home! She taught me so much and I will forever be grateful for her service and love towards me. I learned things I never thought I would or could learn.

My new companion iiiiiiiiiisssssss.....SISTER DAVIS! Yes indeed. Sister Aley Davis. The same one at my complex The Isle's, the same one in my BYU ward, the same one that entered the MTC with me on May 29th. She is my companion! Some of the nicknames we have already gotten...The Davis Sisters, Double Dave's (a restaurant here), The Sister Davis's, Are you sisters? (yes, we haven't gotten that one enough lol) and some others I may not mention ;) It has been quite fun. 

This past week was a week to be recorded in the history books. When Elder Bednar came to this mission recently he said, "When you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten." So President Slaughter took things to a new level. He released Assistants to the President, Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders and Head Sister Training Leaders to become model District Leaders and trainers. It was incredible. It has been a difficult week for some individuals but it is a test of faith that this is what the Lord wants for San Antonio! 

We attended the baptism of a gentleman named Danny this past weekend. I asked him some questions, and finally asked, "What finally helped you to make the decision to be baptized?" And he responded by saying that he truly felt at home and at peace when all the members came up to him and introduced themselves to him in genuine friendship with him. The members are essential in the conversion process, not just an important part, ESSENTIAL! 

We rode the bus here in San Antonio this past week and we taught quite a few lessons and got to set up some more appointments. It was quite the adventure! 

Yesterday we had a heart tugging, tear shedding lesson with Triana. She knows this is the true church, but is receiving quite a few negative and not so uplifting comments from her friends and family. It is hard when blinders are still on and all we can live off of is faith. We wish, hope and pray that everyone could have clean windows to see through. But we must wait and be patient for them to understand in Heavenly Fathers time. 

We have discussed and have been trying to apply the principles of finding the ELECT this past week. IT is not an easy thing at all. But we stopped teaching an individual because she was not quite a ripe peach, and we were able to use that time to receive multiple more referrals and find two new investigators who are ready and prepared. 

I know with all my heart that this is where I must be at this time, in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, building HIS kingdom. We must return to him through and only through Baptism by the proper authority! The restoration of the gospel and priesthood authority is a remarkable event and we must share this with others. 

I love you all so very much~! Please remember who loves you a lot more though, our Heavenly Father. Always, Always, Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment