Monday, January 27, 2014

BUT SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS!

Ahhhhhh I am so excited and I hope I can type fast enough today to get everything out that I want to say!!! 

FAMILY I LOVE YOU 
Yes, I wish I could shout it at the top of my lungs. Whenever someone speaks of their family it just brings warm fuzzies to me because I think of you guys and all the love you have given me over the years. 

Wow this was a week full of learning. I loved it. We met another part-member family. The husband and the son are both not members and the son soaked up the gospel like a sponge. It scared me that he is 12 years old and no idea how to pray or who Jesus Christ was. Well, Heavenly Father is here to help you. It made me think of all those across the world who don’t know of him. An investigator this week ended a lesson with a prayer and in her prayer she said "And if I come across anyone who does not know Christ, I will make it known to them." That was more dedication than some of us missionaries or members. But I loved it. It is inspiring to tell all of the good news! 

A couple times this week we called one of our investigators, Daniel. The first time we called we asked how his day was. (it was not the right question to ask) He began to tell us of all the downfalls that had occurred that day. Well, we then asked how is Book of Mormon reading has been...and you know the answer...well I didn’t get a chance to read. A couple days later we called, how are you Daniel? Well I am doing great, it has been a good day. How has the Book of Mormon been? Well I listened to the first 13 chapters 4 times. TRULY, TRULY ,that is the power right there. Do we truly believe in that power BEFORE it occurs though, or do we sometimes forget about it when we get caught up in life and don’t think we want to read. Why does it leave us so quickly? ahh

Another example of those people who aren't members being the best missionaries…... We had an investigator this week who we asked if she knew of anyone who could use some help at this time, and right then and there she listed a few individuals that had mentioned to her something about wanting to attend a church, looking for a church, or asking her what church she attends. She is now bringing one of those friends to church with her! The lord is preparing people. That is a PROMISE from Him. 

We spoke with a woman this past week and asked if she had a chance to read the Book of Mormon her friend gave her. She said "No, I will not read it." We shared with her a snippit of what was in 3 Nephi 11 and shared with her our testimonies of Christ. We then asked when would be a good time to share more and she set a time for us to come back and read the Book of Mormon with her. OH my....He will give us what we need to say at that very moment....the power will begin to flow into your minds the moment you begin a serious study...your testimony is the most powerful tool...and so on and so forth. It is all true. BUT not because we witnessed it afterwards, but because we had faith before that it could happen and it did. We share these experiences so that others can see just an example of what can happen. BUT miracles are real and do occur. We don’t know what he is going to do, or what he can do. One of my favorite quotes is "Expect the Unexpected." 

I must go, time is up and I am starting to ramble. But I love you all so much! I love this gospel. I now have a camera, thanks to Adri so I hope to take pics and send them off to you soon. 

Enjoy the winter cold, while the sun shines brightly every day here in San Antonio. I have never seen a bigger blue sky. 

The gospel is ALWAYS true, Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment