Monday, August 12, 2013

BROTHER BALDEA IS A MEMBER OF CHRIST'S CHURCH!

Family!

What a week! It was one of the best weeks of my life! I can honestly say that b/c of one main event and a few others.

Brother Baldea's baptism was this week! I didn't even know what to expect really. I knew it would be wonderful but I had no idea it was going to be THAT wonderful! Seeing Brother Baldea in white was outstanding, indescribable. Very similar to the first time I entered the temple. You couldn't wipe the smile off his face if you tried. My heart was pounding like crazy and I couldn't believe that Heavenly Father would allow me to experience something so wonderful. The whole time during the service I was shaking, and felt like crying (but I didn't). WOW, It was spectacular. As Brother Baldea walked into the font he was smiling like crazy, and as he walked out he shouted and screamed and laughed! He bore his testimony afterwards and it was the first time I had ever seen him in a white shirt, slacks and a tie. He was now a member of Christ's church! He described it as the best thing that had ever happened to him (in addition to being married to his wife, and having his son.) This is just a bit of the experience on Saturday. How come I never attended convert baptisms before? 
EXCHANGES
We got to go on exchanges this week with our new "Sister Training Leaders"! It was so nice to see different perspectives, to learn from others, and to share with others what you know to help build the kingdom of God! Teaching is a blessing, truly. Those opportunities come only if we plan and prepare ourselves. But when they do, my goodness they are so good.
 BISHOP
We have an amazing Bishop in this ward. I tend to blabber about the ward here a bit. But they truly are wonderful. It is interesting to see that our Bishop doesn't ever worry about his public success. He is consistently working on his private success and naturally the public success comes. There is lots service he and his wife do, but you never know about it, until you spend more and more time with him. I have been looking back wondering how much work was behind the scenes with all my leaders growing up. They never showed or told me all that they did, but I most definitely felt their love and service.
 MARISSA
She has been learning how to play some children's songs little by little! She is doing wonderful and has become a close friend. Oh boy, I wish we didn't get so close to people here. Thank goodness there are the eternities to live with these people. (But I hope to see them before then.)
BLIND SPOTS
We learned about the coolest thing from our President this week. Blind Spots, and the importance of teaching families and to never the leave their father out of a lesson. We learned about his key role, and having priesthood holders to build the kingdom. Perspective.  Every time we see a young man walking along the street, he is now a future priesthood holder, bishop, stake president, instead of just an investigator. So cool! Also, was thinking about how the perspective allows us to keep our chins a little higher during hard times.  Are you knocking doors? OR are you saving souls!!!?!!!

Lots of blabber, but also lots of love with this email. I hope you all had fun at Powell and don't come back too fried after 2 weeks. Let me know how everything went! I love you all so very much. Don't forget it. Multiple times in a day, I am caught in a pickle of what to do, and I always turn back to home and what would my family do at this time. Thank you so much for all the lessons you have taught me. Every  single one of you. I can't thank you enough. Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Kenz
Brother Baldeas' Baptism! So Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment