Monday, August 19, 2013

THE LORD GIVES YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE BECAUSE HE WANTS YOU TO COME TO HIM!

FAMILY!

Well since everyone is at Powell right now I feel like I am writing to the black hole! But I hope it has been fun getting sand in everything, and getting burned and getting smashed by the tubes and not being able to sleep at night cause it’s so hot. Oh such good memories at Lake Powell!

Well I met a member of the reformed Latter Day Saint church. Yeah that was just a bit awkward. She was kind, but I was blank at what to say. Maybe I wasn’t supposed to say anything.

BEST PART OF THE WHOLE WEEK
Well guess who it is about....Brother Baldea! We taught him about the temple this past week and being sealed in a year. He asked us a question...which he rarely does...so it was a big deal. He said "I know I am very impatient and I need to work on that a lot, but A YEAR IS A LONG TIME TO WAIT." In all honesty it caught me off guard for a bit and I had no idea what he was talking about, but when I got it. I just was in awww....like who are you? You just barely got baptized and you already want to be sealed. The gospel does crazy stuff to our minds. We were talking to Sister Baldea and she is like a mormon teenager dreaming of her mormon wedding of pictures in front of the temple, with the angle Moroni and the big family picture and everything. SO FUNNY! It is so fun to be at their house.

We have such amazing ward members here. We have been trying to get them to invite more and extend invitations to their friends, and it has been crazy how wonderful they are. This past week we had a missionary leave from our ward to Brazil. Golden opportunity for missionaries. Doesn't happen very often, but when it does...! We were able to talk with some of their friends and friends of friends. We learned a lot and know what we need to do better next time.

Sorry for a short email...it was a busy week, I promise, but I am stuck on what to share. Arrive back home safely. I love you all so much. Thank you for all your help with everything. Tell the Johnson family Hello from San Antonio!

Always,

Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment