Monday, July 7, 2014

"COME YE CHILDREN OF THE LORD!"

FAMILY!

The summer fun never ends for each of you! How fun to hear that you all arrived home safely from Yosemite and enjoyed a wonderful July 4th. What a time to celebrate the freedom we have in this country! Oh how grateful I am for freedom of religion! Because of this, the gospel has now been restored to the earth! What a glorious time and place to rejoice and shout this to the whole world.

Elder L. Tom Perry recently said, (referring to the hastening of the work), "This is the most remarkable era in the history of the Church. This is something that ranks with the great events that have happened in past history, like the First Vision, like the gift of the Book of Mormon, like the Restoration of the gospel."

So, Austin is the place to be...let me tell you!

Maria is doing fantastic. Did I tell you how she was found? A "bug boy" (door to door exterminator salesman) knocked on her door! I find this more common than rare. Those that are prepared and ready to hear the gospel are those that we happen to talk and speak with only once. But we were walking in faith as the Lord has commanded. We were ready and prepared to give an answer to any question asked of us.

There is a great power in the youth! They are VITAL in the work of salvation. Esmerelda is a new young woman who just moved into our ward from American Samoa. We took her with us to a few lessons the other day. WOW! Her testimony is a power house. She is 17 and wants to serve a mission when the time comes. I would say she’s already a missionary though. She knows the lessons like the back of her hand and connects everything to the restoration! She loves her Savior, Jesus Christ.

We also had the opportunity to take another young woman out with us, Jessica. Once again, PHENOMENAL! She shared with Will (a new investigator!) her experience with the church and all the many ways it has blessed her family. As we drove from place to place with her in the car she shared with us some special experiences. All I could think of was the hymn, ‘Because I Have Been Given Much’ ...and my eyes teared up some more.

This past week we traveled down to San Antonio for a meeting. One thing I kept wondering and asking myself was, “Why?” “In all that I do every minute of every day...why am I doing it?” “Is it for reputation?” Is it for gain?” “Is it for pride?” “Is it for praise?”, “OR, is it for Love?” “Is it because I LOVE THE LORD?” “What is my motive in all that I do?” This has caused me to take a step back and focus on my purpose.

I love each one of you! Best Wishes in all of your adventures this week!

Always, Sister Davis

Just some fun facts:
Sister Davis lives in my same complex and is in my district!

Picture-Sister Hansen and I! - Yes, Dad we do live on the river. No big deal. We just enjoy a nice stroll every morning on the river walk for our workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment