Monday, March 17, 2014

"...HE CEASETH NOT TO BE GOD, AND IS A GOD OF MIRACLES."

FAMILY!
My goodness, I feel the things I am about to share you won’t believe because they are literally miracles! More than just the hand of God is in this work. He is real, he is here, and he lives. 

Day after day this week I’ve felt that someone opened the flood gates of those who wanted to learn. So many individuals have come to us wanting to learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ! 

We just stopped by Walgreens this morning and while waiting, Sister Davis asked a gentleman, who was also waiting, a question. Later in the conversation he asked about our badges and said, “Oooooooh, that explains it…. We have strayed so far from the Christian world! When you first starting talking to me I thought, do I know you? Are you going to rob me? Who are these girls?” It was funny, yet very sad at the same time. Our kindness is scaring people!!!

 "And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, BECAUSE of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of me." (1 Nephi 19:9)  

Oh, so this week I stopped to write down an address and was too focused on what I was doing and didn’t even notice that I had stopped right on top of  an aunt village who all woke up on the wrong side of the bed! The season of bug bites begins! 

This week we received two media referrals! WOW we were in shock. This is rare. You are a lucky dog if you receive one in a transfer. I will share more with you about this next week with more details. 

Triana texted us this past week (she is the individual who has loved attending church, has  read the Book of Mormon, knows it all is true and knows she needs to be baptized :( She said that after talking with her parents and her priest that she has decided to stop learning, meeting with us, and attending church. Our hearts are torn. I couldn't sleep. I am still learning this principle as you can tell. Don't quite understand, can't quite fathom it. 

BUT I am not complaining because the work is moving forward. It is hard but it's moving. (I guess that means I am doing something right, huh Tuck?) 

Yesterday we met with three amazing and wonderful girls…. Laticia, Amanda, and Adrianna. WOW! They just soaked up the restoration, want to know and come closer to God and want to....be BAPTIZED! Whoohoo! It was so powerful to be able to teach them. How often do we take the opportunity to teach with power and authority? To boldly invite as a representative for the Lord's church? I can't think of a greater calling. 

Overheard the other day……"quick, let the dogs out to attack...the Mormon's are coming..."

I haven’t expressed all the occurred this week but there was one thing after the other every moment of every day.

I go to bed EXHAUSTED every night. The Lord's work is tiring, fulfilling, draining, splendid, and never-ending. I feel as my energy gets lower my heart gets fuller. WOW!

Not sure where the time went. I better go. Thank you all for your heartfelt, sincere emails and prayers. I can feel them and they are making a difference in my life and those we are teaching. I love you all so much and think of you often and tell people about you often. Thank you so very much again!
Always, Always, Sister Davis
Essential missionary tools-a city map and ward directory!
The Davis Sisters!
Adri's friend Kasidy lives here and meets in the same building! so fun to see her!
We all came out together to the mission and are now in the same zone!
we were all comps in the MTC!-S. Davis, S. Reimer and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment